Revised self-introduction

 

Dear Professor Blackstone,

I am Quan Xin, a first-year mechanical engineering student in the UCS1001-critical thinking and communicating class, which you are teaching. The purpose of this letter is to introduce myself to you.

In 2022, I graduated from Ngee Ann polytechnic with a diploma in Mechanical engineering. My three-year journey at the polytechnic was not only enjoyable but also incredibly enriching. It provided me with unforgettable memories and real-life experiences that have equipped me for my future career. Honestly, I was not particularly interested towards mechanical engineering, and all other engineering programmes before my polytechnic life. However, as I progressed through my studies, I found that my interest in the engineering field grew, and I was especially drawn to mechanical engineering. What sparked my interest was when I realized that the world is rapidly transitioning into Industry 4.0. Industry 4.0 is revolutionizing the way companies manufacture, improve, and distribute their products. In mechanical engineering, a module name 'Integrated Real-World Project.' firmly grabbed my interest. Through this module, I had the opportunity to explore industrial automation and 3D modelling in machine design through many projects related to industry 4.0 and all these experiences deepened my understanding in industrial 4.0. Thus, I chose to pursue mechanical engineering in Singapore institute of technology where I can further my studies in mechanical engineering and be prepared in this fast revolution world.

My strength is my ability to truly understand what my audience wants. I can create feasible and effective solutions to resolve my audience problem for example. However, like everyone else, I am not perfect, I have weaknesses too. One of my greatest weaknesses is public speaking in front of a large crowd. In such situations, my voice tends to quiver, and my body will tremble due anxiety. Nevertheless, I am determined to step out of my comfort zone and conquer this challenge in this module, as there will be lots of opportunities for me to deliver presentations in front of my fellow classmates.

My goal in this module is to hone my public speaking skills, ensuring that I am well-prepared for the future workplace, where frequent presentations in front large groups are common. I know that conquering fear requires pushing boundaries, so I am determined to push myself out of the comfort zone, no matter how tough it may be. I believe that with the support of you and my fellow engineering peers, I can grow and become confident and fluent public speaker.

 

Best regards,

Quan Xin

评论